Egg and soldiers
This meal is perfect for children. They can dip their soldiers into the soft-boiled egg, or have their hard-boiled egg with toast.
- 1 egg per person
- 1 slice bread per person
- Place the egg(s) in a small saucepan.
- Cover with cold tap water and place on high heat on stove.
- Cover with a lid and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, switch off the stove and time 3 minutes for a soft-boiled egg and 5-6 minutes for a hard-boiled egg.
- In the meantime, toast some bread and cut into soldiers for serving with the boiled egg.