Fish cakes with pea puree
Fish and peas are both filled with vitamins and nutrients. Get your family healthy with this dilicious recipe.
- 500g Hake or Cape whiting fillet, defrosted and flaked
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 2 Eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tbsp Flour
- Pinch of salt
- Oil for frying
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500g Frozen peas
- 25g Butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First make the pea puree.
- Boil the potatoes in a little water till just soft.
- Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat anmd stir in the butter, then mash with a potato masher. Kepp some aside for your baby (strain through a sieve for very young eaters), then season to taste and put aside.
- To make the fish cakes, put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse till just blended.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan (oil should be 1cm deep) and fry spoonfuls of the fish-cake mixture.
- Turn when the first side is golden.
- When both sides are golden brown, remove from oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- Reheat the pea puree if necessary and serve with fish cakes.