Fish stew with soft polenta
This recipe is from the "Savvy Kids Menus" cookbook by Sarah and Rupert McKerron. Go to their website to find more organic and healthy food recipes.
- 4 hake fillets, chopped in squares
- 2 cans tomato mix
- A small handful of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, gently fry the garlic in the olive oil for about one minute.
- Add the tomatoes and basil and simmer gently before adding the fish.
- Cook for about 10–15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and serve with soft polenta.
- 250g packet of polenta
- 500ml water
- Pinch of salt
- Boil 500ml of water.
- When it reaches the boil, add a pinch of salt and the polenta.
- Stir vigorously and once it has the consistency of mashed potatoes, remove from heat.
- Top with fish stew and serve immediately.
McKerron, Sarah, and Rupert McKerron. Savvy Kids Menus. Mcnab's Wellth, 2007.