French toast banana sandwich
Rich in protein, calcium, vitamins C and B, iron, fibre and folic acid. Makes 4-5 slices of toast.
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of reduced fat 2 percent milk
- 4 to 5 slices of wholewheat bread
- 2 sliced bananas
- Jam, honey or syrup for the topping
- Mix eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan over a medium heat. Place a slice of bread into the mixture and coat both sides. Then add it to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly and browned.
- As you cook the bread, add some sliced banana to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, place one piece of bread on a plate, top with banana and then another piece of bread. Then if you want, add topping of your choice.
TRY ADDING BERRIES SUCH AS BLUEBERRIES OR RASPBERRIES FOR A VITAMIN BOOST.