Fresh spring rolls
Healthy foods are boring at times, but this easy to make recipe proves that healthy foods can be delicious.
- 75g Rice vermicelli
- 200g Shredded, cooked chicken breast (use leftovers or buy ready-cooked)
- 1 packet Rice paper wrappers (available from Asian supermarkets)
- 2 Courgettes, cut into julienne (fine) strips
- 1 Carrot, cut into julienne (fine) strips
- ½ cup Fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ cup Sweet chilli sauce or chutney, to serve
- Place vermicelli in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- Fill a bowl with warm water. Dip one of the rice paper wrappers at a time into the water for about 15 seconds.
- Place the wrapper on a work surface, top with some vermicelli, chicken courgette, carrot and coriander leaves.
- Roll tightly, folding in the sides and place on a plate, seam side down.
- Cover with damp cloth and repeat.
- When you're ready to serve, uncover the spring rolls and arrange them on a serving plate with the sweet chilli sauce in a bowl, ready fro dipping.
Toddlers will enjoy the activity of dipping their own roll. Give them a milder dipping sauce like a little chutney.