Grilled open sarmie with homemade pesto
A great idea for light lunch or even just as a snack.
- 2 cups fresh basil (leaves only)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup Parmesan and garlic (optional)
- Add all the ingredients but the basil in a blender and process until mixed well.
- Now add the basil and mix until chopped.
- You can refrigerate the pesto for up to three months.
- 1 loaf Fench loaf, sliced
- 2 tbsp Pesto
- 2 tbsp Mozzarella, grated
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Spread a layer of pesto on one side of each of the slices of French loaf.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella on top and add cherry tomatoes slices.
- Bake in the oven at 180°C until the cheese is melted.