Heart-shaped chicken pies
These cute heart-shaped chicken pies are great for suppers, picnics and lunchboxes
For the filling:
- 1 cooked chicken
- 1 packet of cream of mushroom soup
- a squirt of fresh lemon juice
For the pastry:
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- milk to brush over
- Break the chicken into small pieces using your hands.
- Prepare the cream of mushroom soup but use only half the amount of liquid as instructed on the packet.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and season to taste, adding a squirt of fresh lemon is recommended. Remember: the soup already contains a lot of salt, so be careful not to overdo it.
- Roll out your puff pastry.
- Use two cookie cutters: a large round shape and a heart shape. Create two round shapes for each pie. Scoop a small amount of chicken into the centre of a round of pastry and cover with another round. Paste the heart on top of the pie by using a drop of water.
- Paint the top ofthe pie evenly with a little bit of milk so it browns.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes at 180°C.
If you cook the chicken yourself, use some of the stock to prepare the cream of mushroom soup.