- 1 ½ cups Wholewheat flour
- 1 sachet Instant yeast
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Lukewarm water
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tin Whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 handful Olives, pipped
- 3 tbsp Spinach puree (simply blend cooked spinach until smooth)
To make the dough:
- Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor.
- Add the oil and pulse to mix.
- Add just enough lukewarm water to form a ball of doug.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with cling film and let it rise for 30 minutes
(If you can't face making your own dough, buy some bread dough from your nearest bakery.)
To make tomato base:
- Fry the onion and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the undrained, mashed tomatoes and sugar.
- Bring sauce to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes or until sauce is thick.
To make the pizza:
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Knock down the pizza dough and divide into 4 balls.
- Roll each into a circle about 1cm thick.
- Spread tomato sauce over pizza bases.
- Combine the two cheeses and sprinkle evenly over pizza.
- Top wiht olives or spinach (or any topping of your choice) and bake for 15-20 minutes.