This recipe makes for the perfect finger food or light snack, which is also healthy and nutritious.
- 1 Orange: juice and zest (or 125ml orange juice)
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 12 Chicken-thigh fillets
- 1 Baby cabbage, shredded
- 1 Carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 8 Small flour tortillas
- Small handful of raisins
- Put the orange juice and zest, olive oil, soya sauce, honey and garlic into a shaker or screwtop jar and mix well.
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer on a roasting tin and drizzle with the honey glaze.
- Cove rand marinade in the fridge for one hour (or overnight if you have the time).
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Remove the cling film from the roasting tin and turn the chicken fillets.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove chicken from the roasting tin and leave to cool. Cut into strips and set aside.
- Mix the shredded cabbage, grated carrot and mayonnaise together and sprinkle in the raisins.
- Spoon some coleslaw onto each tortilla, top with several strips of chicken, roll the tortilla up (like you would a pancake) and fold a paper napkin around the tortilla to secure.
You can use the same honey glaze to marinade chicken drumsticks and wings. Cook them for 45 minutes to and hour, turning halfway through, and take along on a trip or to a picnic as perfect finger food.