Making your own kebabs are a great idea for picky eaters – they can just choose their favourite ingredients and leave out anything they don’t fancy. Experiment with different meat, fruits and vegetables.
- 100g fillet or chicken per person
- 1 red pepper
- A punnet of mushrooms
- 1 pineapple
- 1 packet of halloumi cheese
- Dried apricots
- Cut the pepper, meat, pineapple and halloumi into chunks and put into separate bowls.
- Give each person a wooden skewer and let them make up their own kebabs.
- These are best cooked on the braai.
Cheesy corn on the cob
While you’re braaing your kebabs, put on some mealies. Char them lightly all over and top with a dollop of mayo or butter. Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan.
Café Flo and Ove Flo
116 Greenway Rd, Greenside
(011) 646 6817