Lemon chicken skewers
This lemon chicken skewer recipe is from Sarah and Rupert McKerron's cookbook called Savvy Kids Menus. The McKerron's believe in an all organic diet. More recipes can be found at http://savvykids.co.za
- 4 free range chicken breasts
- 2 lemons
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Pinch of salt
- 10 –12 wooden skewers
- 1 Ziploc bag
- Squeeze the lemons and crush the garlic.
- Mix the lemon juice and garlic in a bowl.
- Slice the chicken breasts lengthways, at least 2cm thick.
- Place the chicken breasts in the lemon garlic mix and coat them evenly.
- Transfer the mixture and chicken into the plastic bag and seal.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto the skewers and grill for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with cucumber and basil couscous.
McKerron, Sarah, and Rupert McKerron. Savvy Kids Menus. Mcnab's Wellth, 2007