How to make lentil purée for your baby
For babies between 9-12 months old
- 1 small leek, washed well and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1 stick celery, sliced finely
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp red lentils
- 200ml water
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- Sautée the leek, carrot and celery in the olive oil.
- Add the lentils and water and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Add the parsley and purée in a food processor or blender or mash with a fork. If the mixture is too thick, add a little breastmilk or formula or cooled, boiled water.