Marmite, Biltong and Cheese Muffins
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here is idea 4: marmite, biltong and cheese muffins.
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here is IDEA 4 of our lunchbox ideas.
Sent in by: Alida
- 150g Biltong, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 cups Cake flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
- 3tbsp Marmite
- Handful of chopped fresh chives
- Heat your oven to 190° and butter up your muffin tins.
- Mix the melted butter and chives together and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix with a spoon.
- In a separate large bowl add the eggs, milk and marmite and give a light whisking, then add the butter and chive mixture, the grated cheese and chopped biltong pieces. Give it a good mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and stir with a spoon in a folding motion until combined.
- Fill the muffin tins to 2/3 full and bake until golden brown (about 20 minutes).
- Remove them from the tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.