Marmite Scone Damper
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here is idea 2: marmite scone damper and idea 3: marmite wagon wheels
Together with Marmite we asked for your most creative lunchbox ideas. Here are no 2 and 3 of your original lunchbox ideas.
Sent in by: Catherine Macfarlane
- 500ml Cake flour
- 4tsp Baking powder
- 3ml Salt
- 50ml Soft butter
- 250ml Grated cheese
- 180ml Water
- 75ml Butter
- 50ml Marmite
- Sift the dry ingredients and rub in the soft butter.
- Add the cheese and mix with enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Shape the dough into a round damper, cut wagon wheel portion indents into the top
- Bake at 200°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Melt the butter and the Marmite together and spread over the scone damper as soon as it comes out of the oven.
- Allow to cool slightly, cut according to the indents and place it in a lunchbox.
Idea 3: Marmite Wagon Wheels
Sent in by: Debbi Papamichael
- 1 roll Pastry (White or Brown Bread Pastry)
- Grated Cheese
- Salami or bacon
- Roll out the pastry as is and spread a thin layer of Marmite on it.
- Place the bacon or salami and the grated cheese in two layers on the rolled out pastry.
- Roll up the pastry again and put it in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and cut the chilled, rolled up pastry into “wheels” that are each 2cm thick.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
You do not have to cook all the wagon wheels at once. You can freeze them and bake them the night before as needed. They make a delicious lunchbox treat.