We all know macaroni is a favourite amongst little ones.
You will need:
- 1 cup versatile mince sauce (click here for the recipe)
- 1 cup macaroni, boiled according to the instructions on the packet
- ½ cup white sauce
- ¼ cup grated mild cheese
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Mix the macaroni with the mince sauce. Place in an ovenproof dish.
- To make the white sauce, melt one tablespoon butter in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add one tablespoon cake flour. Use a balloon whisk to mix in 125ml full cream milk.
- Return to heat and stir continuously over medium heat till the sauce is thick. Pour over the macaroni and meat in the ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese over and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.