Mini corn dog muffins
A whole new take on corn dogs which your kids and family will love.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mieliemeal (or what the US calls corn meal)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Frankfurter sausages (or viennas)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a 12-cup mini muffin tin.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk and olive oil. Stir in the mieliemeal, flour, baking powder and salt and mix until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Cut the sausages into 2cm lengths and place one in each muffin cup.
- Pour about two tablespoons of batter into each muffin hole (over the sausages) and bake for 20 minutes.
Children like to snack. If you think about it , our stomachs are the size of our fists, so children can fit in a lot less than grown-ups at a time. That's why they get hungry every couple of hours. It's a good idea to include a protein (cheese, cold meat, yoghurt), a slow-release carb (wholewheat bread, muffin), vegetables and fruit in your child's lunchbox.