Pizza Chelsea buns
These pizza chelsea buns make the perfect party food. Here is the recipe
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 30g butter
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tsp mixed Italian herbs (dried or finely chopped fresh)
- 2 cups coarsely grated cheese (mixture of cheddar and mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a deep baking tray.
- Place flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Add butter, and, using your fingers, rub it into the flour mixture until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the milk and mix to a soft, sticky dough.
- Knead dough lightly on a floured surface.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to form a rectangle.
- Spread tomato paste all over base.
- Sprinkle herbs over tomato base and top with cheese.
- Starting from one of the long sides, roll the dough tightly for a “Swiss roll” shape.
- Trim the edges.
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut the roll carefully into about 12 even slices.
- Place slices cut side up (in a single layer) into the greased tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.