Quick and easy fudge that you and your children can make together!
Makes 24 delicious squares that are perfect for a sweet treat or for a birthday party.
- 100g butter, cubed
- 1 can condensed milk
- 420g castor sugar
- 5ml vanilla essence
- Mix butter, condensed milk, and sugar in a large pot.
- Place over medium heat and melt.
- Keep stirring continuously while it bubbles and changes to a caramel colour (20 minutes).
- Add vanilla essence and stir well.
- Pour into a greased baking tray and leave to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the semi-set fudge into equal squares while it’s still warm.
- When it is completely cooled down, recut into squares.
- Turn your fudge out onto a clean surface and trim the edges to ensure the squares are neat.
- In the microwave, on defrost and stirring occasionally, melt dark chocolate and spread it over the fudge. Put it in the fridge to speed up the setting process.