More and more children are growing up meat-free. This recipe will help make your job as a veggie mom a whole lot easier.
What you need:
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup risotto rice or Arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper
What to do:
- Fry the leek in the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the rice and stir to coat grains with oil.
- Add a soup ladle (about half a cup) of boiling stock at a time and stir until absorbed. Then add the next ladle of stock and stir. It should take about 20 minutes until all the stock has been added and absorbed.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and stir for about five more minutes or until the tomato juices are absorbed. Season with salt and pepper to taste and stir inthe mascarpone cheese to ensure a creamy consistency.