Salami corn pops
Looking for a snack or a party treat? These salami corn pops are perfect!
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup semolina flour or cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 3 – 4 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Sliced salami rounds (½cm in diameter)
- Skewer sticks
- In a bowl, mix together flour, semolina flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and paprika.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk and two tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Slowly pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the frying oil into a pot and heat.
- Place each salami round onto a skewer and dip into batter.
- Fry in oil until golden brown, rotating once while frying.
- Transfer to a kitchen towel and serve immediately.