Prepare a light summer salad as a healthy option for the sweet tooth without packing in the sugar
- 6 peaches cut into 8 pieces
- lettuce, rocket or basil
- cucumber cut into strips
- gooseberries to taste
- a handful of walnuts
- sesame seeds
- a balsamic reduction
- you can also add other berries, grapefruit or even pomegranate to this salad
- Wash and dry the leaves and toss into a bowl. Add the peaches, cucumbers, gooseberries, nuts and sesame seeds.
- Shake so that everything is mixed evenly.
- Add some balsamic vinegar to taste.
Did you know?
Cape gooseberries can be stored for a few months in a sealed container in a dry environment.