Veg tagine with quinoa
This meal is an excellent source of proteins... just what your family needs.
What you need:
- ¼ cup quinoa
- 1 cup (250ml) vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped finely
- a small pinch of ground ginger
- a small pinch of ground cumin
- a small pinch of ground cinnamon
- 4 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 courgettes (baby marrows), washed and chopped
- ¼ cup broccoli, washed and cut into small florets
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled and chopped
- ½ tin (200g) chopped, peeled tomato
What to do:
- Cook the quinoa by placing it in a pan with the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the stock is absorbed and the quinoa is soft and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a lidded heavy saucepan. Fry the onion until just golden. Add the spices and apricot and stir for one minute.
- Add the vegetables and tomato, add 100ml of water and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and fork mash.
- Serve with quinoa.