Witloof & baby marrow soup (serves 4-6
- 50 g butter or margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock2 heads Witloof
- 3 baby marrows, coarsely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh whipped cream, optional
- shredded Witloof to garnish
- Melt butter in a large heavy-based saucepan. Sauté onion for a few minutes until soft. Add potatoes and stock and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Trim off bottom ends of Witloof and cut leaves coarsely. Add, with baby marrow to soup and boil until soft.
- Season and liquidise. Heat again and garnish with cream if preferred. Serve immediately.
Substitute cream with milk for a less rich soup.