Are you keen to conceive? Unfortunately, there's an app for that.
Falling pregnant is not an easy task for everyone. For some it's a struggle that can lead to giving up or becoming completely obsessed. Using apps to track your menstrual cycle and fertility have become increasingly popular. So much so that in 2010 a British woman gave birth to the first "iPhone baby"
because she claims an app helped her fall pregnant.
Do apps take "tracking" a little too far? Some offer very strange features and many make big promises. Do they work? Take a look at the apps below and decide for yourself...Glow - Conceive With Confidence
"We used magic and science to convert thousands of experiences into highly accurate and personalized fertility predictions just for you."
- Daily fertility recommendations
- Helpful reminders and fun suggestions to assist in you in your quest to conceive
- Convenient calendar view to see your next fertile window
- 5 day view to quickly access your chance of pregnancy on any given day
- Mirror app for your partner, with their own suggestions and daily recommendations
- Synced data entry: both you and your partner can enter the necessary data
- Receive support and notifications through the app from your partner. Tired? Stressed? Agitated? Tell our app and we’ll make sure that your partner is aware of your needs. And we will provide them with helpful suggestions on how to make you feel supported
Get the app: iTunes
Get Pregnant Now!
"Get Pregnant Now! is a very simple app, but it offers a lot of functionality. In only two steps you will be able to know which days are the most fertile, and you will also be able to set reminders and calendar events in your phone for those days.
Get Pregnant Now! also includes a useful guide of tips for her and him, because it affects both.
Apart from indicating your most fertile days you will be able to know in an easy and beautiful way the probable date of birth, or if you don't succeed, the estimate date of your next menstruation."Get the app: Android
"Ovuline users conceive up to 3x faster than the national average. We analyze your data, and tell you exactly when you are fertile so that you and your partner can focus on baby-making. Make us part of your family planning and speed up the arrival of your new family member!"FEATURES
- See your likelihood to conceive today and an ovulation forecast for the next two weeks
- Lets you keep track of your basal body temperature (BBT), cervical fluid, cycle, moods, period, ovulation and symptoms
- Get tips on what you can do each day to enhance your fertility
- Receive detailed health summaries and statisticsGet the app: Android | iTunes
Fertility Friend MobileAPP DESCRIPTION
"Fertility Friend Mobile is a menstrual calendar, a period tracker, an ovulation chart and an advanced fertility chart interpretation tool."
- Color coded fertility calendar: Your period, fertile days, ovulation and more at a glance.
- Full data entry including: Temperature, cervical fluid, daily notes, your custom symptoms, meds, default data and much more.
- Cycle Statistics
- Advanced data analysis tools to monitor your cycles and fertility data.
- Extensive educational resources: Educational Videos, tutorials, quizzes and eBook.Get the app: Android | iTunes
"Are you currently trying to conceive a child? Hoping for a particular sex? The Conception Fertility Calendar for Android is here to help.
This app not only tracks which days you have the best chance of conceiving, it also projects the days you are most likely to conceive a boy or a girl (whatever your preference)."
Help conceive a particular sex (sex-selection / gender-selection)
Notifies you of those days more likely to result in a girl/boy (whatever your preference)Get the app: Android
Ovulation Calendar & Fertility CalculatorAPP DESCRIPTION
"Curious about when your due date would be? Alongside your most fertile days, the ovulation calculator will display your due date if you were to become pregnant that month. Talk about planning ahead!"FEATURES
- Track your ovulation now and in the months to come
- Find out when your baby would be due if you became pregnant
- Use your fertile days to your advantage Get the app: Android | iTunes
Have you or would you used an app to conceive?
Suggest a vote