Plan your family, save the world!
Making informed choices about when to fall pregnant could help more than just your own household.
Starting a family takes careful consideration and planning
. It is important for couples to sit down and talk about when to have children, how many children they want to have, and how far in between to space the children. Here is why family planning matters on a global scale.
Did you plan your family carefully? Do you think it is important?
- Fewer abortions. It is less likely for a married woman than an unmarried woman to choose abortion for an unwanted pregnancy. According to AFP, abortions are decreasing, however, too many women were undergoing unsafe abortions, particularly in the developing world, said the study, entitled "Abortion Worldwide: a Decade of Uneven Progress". Newlyweds and young married couples have a better chance of avoiding unwanted pregnancies and going through the painful process of abortion by following a natural or artificial family planning method.
- Fewer maternal deaths. Pregnancy and childbirth continue to kill 529,000 women and leave 1 million children motherless worldwide every year, that the wife of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Preventing unintended pregnancies through family planning can help bring the current maternal mortality ratio down.
- Improving children’s lives. Family planning allows for the necessary arrangements that enable children to have a good quality of life. According to studies children that are born at least two years apart in a household are more likely to have better lives than children born months or a year after another. Read more on the pros and cons of a two-year gap.
- Safe sexual behaviour. Family planning is not just about planning when to have children and how to avoid getting pregnant. Practicing safe sex is essential. Using artificial family planning methods such as condoms and diaphragms ensure that you remain healthy.
- Population growth. The world suffering from environmental problems such as pollution and global warming. The resources we have need to be conserved for the future generations and any way to bring this number down will go a long way toward ensuring that. One of the best ways to slow down population growth and manage resources is family planning.