A golfing weekend away for the dads.
With our hectic lives and busy schedules, it is easy to put ourselves last.
If a weekend away is on the cards, why not add a measure of male bonding to your relaxing break by making it a guys golfing weekend away
We suggest you try the Greenway Woods Resort. Situated in the Lowveld, on the outskirts of White River in Mpumalanga it is very close to the Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport - and your weekend won't necessarily be limited to golf.A little info about your resort:
(You can never have too much info, right?)
Greenway Woods Resort boasts excellent accommodation, spot on service and its dining experiences are great because it happens to be uniquely African in spirit and taste.Tell us about the golf facilities please...
Situated near a lake and an 18-hole golf course, deep in the White River Woodlands, Greenway Woods Resort offers the ardent golf player an unmatched break.
One thing needs to be kept in mind though. The White River Golf Club is a challenging course.
White River Golf Course was designed by Gary Player 25 years ago as a 9-hole course and later revamped to an exciting 18-hole layout. Now that there are more holes, this means more fun, right?
Two of the par-fives, namely number 7 and number 11 are comparable to the Augusta National in their beauty, challenge and abundance of water.
The course follows the natural undulations of the valley and regularly criss-crosses the White River which provides memorable challenges, both alongside fairways and fronting some of the greens.Other activities over the weekend
Let's say you boys play a round or two of golf and are a little anxious to do something else, the best part about this resort is that there is an abundance of extra activities that will satisfy your manly need for adventure.
Your options are:
- Hit the mountain biking trails and show them who's boss.
- Conquer angry rapids as you dare to enter the river rafting arena.
- The Kruger National Park is around the corner so a game drive is a must. Picture the majestic scenery and come face to face with South Africa's unique wildlife.
- Have a birds' eye experience in a hot air balloon.
- Bring your cowboy hats and go horse riding. Just decide before hand who's who. Not too many people can be Jesse James now, can they?
- Tennis and squash are always good stress relievers and are tons of fun. Play your friends in teams to bring out that competitive spirit!
And when you need some relaxation:
- Relax in the Lounge Area like the VIP males you are.
- Challenge each other to a game of darts or a game of pool.
Lay your head down in a room fit for a king:
Each room boasts:
Are we missing anything? I think not!
- Full kitchen
- Lounge with fireplace
- Covered patio with individual Braai
- TV with DSTV bouquet