A condition in which red blood cell count or haemoglobin is less than normal.
A condition in which the red blood cell count or haemoglobin is less than normal.
- Pale skin
- Lack of energy
- Breathlessness after exertion
See your doctor.
- If your child has these symptoms she should be seen by a doctor who will run tests to ascertain whether she suffers from anaemia and how severe it is.
- Treatment depends on the type of anaemia.
- Sometimes iron supplements will be needed to correct an iron deficiency.
- In severe anaemia, blood transfusions may be necessary.