An infection of the blood that is carried from person to person by mosquitoes
An infection of the blood that is carried from person to person by mosquitoes.
- High fever
- Myabe nausea and vomiting, or back, abdominal and joint pain
- Take your child to a doctor at once.
- Take her to hospital if she is drowsy, has seizures or her skin is very pale or yellowish.
- Your child will be admitted to hospital and treated.
- To prevent getting malaria, make sure your older child take antimalaria drugs before you go to malaria areas and protect your child from mosquito bites with repellents, mosquito nets and protective clothing.
- Antimalarialdrugs are not recommended for young children and pregnant women.