Here are some of the causes of nose bleeds as well as what to do when it happens.
- Blood running from the nose.
- Usually caused by blowing the nose too hard or nose picking.
- If the nose bleeds are frequent or the blood is copious or carries on for more than half an hour, or if your child gets pale or feels dizzy, call your doctor.
- Gently squeeze the soft part of the nose and let your child breathe through her mouth, while she leans forward slightly.
- Hold it for about ten minutes.
- Don't dab, wipe or blow the nose.