Is your family out and about in the sun? Here's all the info you need about sunburn.
- Very pink or bright red skin.
- Soreness and sensitivity.
- Your child may even develop small blisters.
- Treat at home unless there is extensive blistering, in which case you can take your child to the doctor.
- Lots of water to drink.
- Dab the skin gently with a cloth dipped in cool water.
- Cool baths with a handful of bicarbonate of soda will help relieve the burn.
- Prevention is important and South African children should always have high sun protection factor creams applied to their exposed skin when they play outside.
- They should also wear hats and protective clothing and especially be kept out of the sun between 11am and 3pm.