How to make bag charms
Bag charms liven up any school bag or backpack. They are a great way for kids to express their personalities. Here are some suggestions
You will need:
- Small rings
- Different clasps (look for small and large lobster clasps and split rings)
- An assortment of beads, charms and trinkets
- Beading wire
- Pliers (the long-nosed pliers work better)
Tips to pack a good backpack
What to do:
1. Cut the wire roughly the length you would like your charm chain to be. Twist the beading wire into the crimp. Squash the crimp down with pliers to close it.
2. Slide the beads and charms onto the wire. When you have added enough trinkets to your chain, slide another crimp onto the wire.
3. Make sure that the last crimp does not slip inside the bead. Attach the lobster clasp and loop the wire back through the crimp and bead and squash the crimp.
4. Attach to the split ring and clasp onto a bag.
Ideas for girlie girls:
- miniature balls
- racquet charms
- shoe charms
- team brands
Think outside the box and don’t be afraid to mix and match styles. Go for unusual baubles like ethnic charms, shells and wooden trinkets. Create a number of different chains, which kids can change or swop with friends.
Is your child's school bag too heavy?
Send us pictures of your children's bag charms to email@example.com and we may publish it in our gallery!