Study tips for auditory learners
Help your children study by encouraging them to work with their strengths.
- Read work aloud to themselves. It is also a good idea for them to record it - then they can listen to the recording later as they study.
- These children are easily distracted by noise so don't have the TV on loud while they are studying and avoid loud interruptions such as lawn mowers, vacuum cleaners, etc.
- Ask them to make up a song with their study notes. They will never forget those lyrics!
- Repeat facts with their eyes closed.
- Make up rhymes to remember facts.
- Having music on tends to help, but make sure it is classical or instrumental -music with lyrics or a fast beat will be more of a distraction than an aid.