Study tips for bodily-kinesthetic learners
Help your children study by encouraging them to work with their strengths.
- Give them a stress ball to play with while studying.
- Tapping their foot or fidgeting with a pencil helps them concentrate, so don't stop them.
- Study well with music on.
- Take lots of short breaks between studying - they battle to concentrate for long periods of time.
- Use flash cards that they can flick through (keeps their hands busy)
- Younger learners enjoy writing their notes in sand with their fingers.
- Move around while learning - pace around the room, jump rope while memorising, gesture with their hands as they explain to themselves.
- Write repetitive lists - just the continual action of writing will engrain the information.