Taking a breath
These holidays are an opportunity to get our breath back.
Adele Hamilton, Editor Parent24
The September holidays are here, just in time to put the brakes on this runaway year.
Here’s my 5-point plan for making the most of this breathing space before the end of year mayhem begins in earnest:
1. Kids plus trees or beach. Messy, sweaty, happy.
2. Dominate the mess. At least one morning will be about sorting junk.
3. Do an arty thing. We’re going to dig out the paints and make colourful splashes, meaningful or not.
4. Switch off. At least one full day I am going to turn off computer and phone and concentrate on the humans in front of me.
5. Be it Scrabble, passage cricket or guess the song I’m humming, we’re going to play. And laugh a lot!
Do you like my plan? What’s yours? Mail us now! Your email could win you a Parent24 T-shirt.
Here are some blissful parenting moments to remind us what it should be like:
The art of silly happy
What's a good mom?
At the feet of a guru