New term's resolutions
No more dodgy lunches.
Adele Hamilton, Editor Parent24 (Tammy Gardner)
The new term brings with it the opportunity to do things better.
* Always have wholesome snacks handy for healthy lunches and never try to pass off a verlep old apple as a fresh one.
* Keep coloured paper and cardboard of different sizes on hand for 'Mom, I've got a project..'
* Never expect my child to do his homework in the car on the way to his brother's soccer match: 'Write as neatly as you can, sweetie...'
* Be smiling and positive, even when I think a homework assignment is stupid. (Collect junk mail, phooey!)
* Provide clean, ironed school uniforms for my sons every day, not merely hope no-one will notice the obvious paint spills on the collar.
* Never, ever be grumpy in the morning.
Since I am going to be so perfect this term, here are some other stories about perfect (and not-so-perfect) parents.
How to be a perfect parent
The fudge factor
I am God's 2IC
The school beast
And if you need a little help, read 10 ways to make school easier.
How are you going to be perfect this term?