9 tips for a happy pregnancy
Here's how to make your pregnancy a pleasant experience.
Feel like the non-glowing pregnant women in the room? Hearing the heartbeat and feeling the little fetus are wonderful sensations that can’t be duplicated anywhere else in life; but pregnancy can feel like an emotional rollercoaster. Sudden increases in hormones can trigger mood swings and anxiety. Watching the numbers on the scale soar can shake even the most confident mama-to-be.
There are however a few pleasant surprises no one told you about pregnancy.
Here's a few perks to look forward to:
- Fast growing fingernails. Sometime around the fourth month your nails will start to grow faster than usual. Pregnancy hormones get the credit!
- A luxurious head of hair. During the second trimester, you might notice a fuller head of hair. Thanks to pregnancy hormones you are not actually growing more hair, but just losing less.
- The proverbial “glow”. Also during the second trimester you will notice that your skin looks brighter. Hormones are partly responsible, but an increase in blood volume also brings more blood to the skin, giving it a luminescent look.
- An ample bosom. Be ready to go up a cup size or two. You may have new cleavage to show off!
- A turned-on mate. Most men tend to see the sensuality in blossoming breasts and soft curves.
Women’s health during pregnancy often focuses on the basics for a healthy pregnancy, like regular doctors’ visits, a nutritious diet and plenty of rest. Welcoming a new baby is life changing, and it is important to nurture your emotional well-being as much as your physical condition. It’s a fact; happy, healthy moms produce happy, healthy babies!
So, here are our 9 tips:
- You are going to be tired. Do what you need to do and let the rest go.
- Embrace the changes. Knowing about your little one’s development in the womb can help you to understand the transformations going on in your own body. Remember that your body is performing an amazing act and deserves respect. All these changes will bring you closer to a happy, healthy baby.
- Find a new you. A make-over will help to cope with the weight gain blues. Go for a manicure; buy a new lip-liner, maybe some earrings?
- Create lasting memories. Ask dad-to-be to take photos of your growing belly to show your child later. Include your partner, take his picture too!
- Adopt a mantra. There is something about the power of positive thinking. Tell yourself that you are beautiful, every day.
- Focus on the positive. Try not to dwell on the concerns about labour. Discuss delivery options with your healthcare provider, or take a birthing class. A lot of moms-to-be worry whether or not they will be a good parent. Fortunately, studies show that women, who worry about being good moms, usually are.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Your pregnancy is important to those close to. Friends and family will be more than willing to get involved.
- Accept a little pampering. Ask your mom to help you cope with your pregnancy. Share your apprehensions with her and cherish this bonding time.
- Plan a babymoon. Couple time is going to be a distant dream once your little one arrives.
You’re embarking on an amazing journey. A baby is going to make nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten and the future worth living for. Enjoy the ride!
See more healthy living tips at the Fedhealthy blog.