How to choose your hospital for birth
Consider these 12 questions when you choose your hospital.
1. Which hospital does your obstetrician use?
12 important questions to ask your doctor or midwife
2. What can you afford?
How much does a baby cost in the first year?
3. If you are on medical aid, will your hospital stay be covered and does the hospital charge medical aid rates?
Pregnant? We compare 27 medical aid plans for you
4. How far is the hospital from where you live?
11 things to do when finding out you're pregnant
5. Does the hospital have all the facilities you require? (such as a birthing bath if you prefer an underwater delivery)
Take a look at Cape Town's first luxury maternity hospital
6. What is the attitude to rooming-in?
Rooming in? Yes or no
7. Can more than one support person (including siblings) be present during labour?
Choosing a birth partner
8. Are there semi-private and private rooms available?
Giving birth at government hospital: what to expect
9. What are the visiting hours and rules regarding visitors (including siblings)?
10 reasons to love your second pregnancy
10. What is the atmosphere in the ward?
10 suggestions for writing your birth plan
11. What are the security measures?
How to beat your labour fears
12. Does the hospital offer in-house support such as a lactation consultant?
100 amazing facts about pregnancy