Zesty yellow baby shower ideas
Have your spirits lifted with this zesty yellow baby shower. It is one of the rare gender neutral colours and works wonders if the gender of your baby is unkown.
- The yellow trend is making an impact and it's here to stay.
- This colour gives an instant "lift" wherever it's used.
- Yellow has always been popular in the world of pregnancy because it's one of the rare gender neutral colours and a clever option if you don't know the sex of the baby yet.
- 6 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey (or Golden syrup)
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp Bicorbonate of soda
- Add the sugar, honey and water into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil for a couple of minutes or until it reaches hard crack stage (drop some sugar into a cup filled with water and it should turn hard immediately).
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the bicarb (foam will form) and stir it in.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Let it cool down and break into pieces.
- Draw the outlines of a tree on a canvas.
- Let every guest dip a finger in yellow paint and make a print on the tree then write their name under their "leaf".
- When finished, hang the canvas as decoration in the new nursery.
- Use a combination of yellow string and tape to decorate a glass vase.
- Fill it with a bunch of beautiful, bright yellow flowers.
- Buy yellow insulation tape at your local hardware store.