Pregnancy Education Week - 13 to 21 February 2016
The Childbirth Educators Professional Forum and Bio-Oil are joining hands this February to empower expectant parents through information and highlight the value and benefits of antenatal classes.
The theme of this year’s Pregnancy Education Week (13 to 21 February 2016) is ‘Date and way of birth – what would baby choose?’ – highlighting how childbirth education enables you to make informed choices about what’s best for you and your baby. During Pregnancy Education Week, childbirth educators, Bio-Oil and hospitals around the country are teaming up to offer various talks and pregnancy-related activities.
“We strongly recommend childbirth education,” says Lauren Macnab of Bio-Oil, official partner for Pregnancy Education Week. “It allows parents to make informed choices and gives expectant parents invaluable confidence and reassurance.”
Six good reasons to attend childbirth education classes:
- Expertise – educators are experienced nursing sisters and midwives who have chosen to specialise in childbirth education because they passionately believe in it.
- Knowledge – you learn about ALL the childbirth options available to you, and the pros and cons of each.
- Tools – you’ll be given practical tips and techniques - such as breathing, relaxation, positions, massage and visualisation - that can help you have an easier birth.
- Confidence– you and your partner will feel more confident knowing what to expect and how to manage it.
- Be prepared – you’ll be taught about all aspects of pregnancy and birth, from stretch marks to caring for your newborn.
- Connections – you’ll meet other expectant parents from your area. Lifelong friendships can be formed.
To find a childbirth educator in your area and for more information on childbirth education visit http://expectantmothersguide.co.za/childbirth-educator-listings/
Contact your local hospital or clinic to find out more about their Pregnancy Education Week events.