Pregnancy week 13
Pic: Sparx Media
Article originally in Parent24
How's the foetus at 13 weeks?
Your baby can feel you touching your tummy
You're starting the first week of your 2nd Trimester. Your baby weighs about 25g and is about 7.5cm long from crown to rump. Your uterus is about half the size of an average sized carrot, your baby, the size of a medium prawn.
• Your baby's vocal cords are starting to form.
• The pancreas is now formed and functioning and even secretes insulin.
• Her intestines are now starting to move from the umbilical cord to the stomach.
• The villi are beginning to form in the intestines.
• Her eyes are moving closer together.
The most remarkable thing is that if you poke your stomach with your finger, your baby feels it. She will start rooting which is the same action as looking for a mother’s nipple.
What's with my body: Prenatal vitamin time
• Most of your morning sickness symptoms should be gone by now and you will feel less tired because the major task of organ development is nearly complete.
• If you stopped taking prenatal vitamins due to nausea, you should begin to take them again as soon as possible.
• Your bump will start to show more and you will feel more confident to tell people about your pregnancy now that you are in your 2nd trimester.
• Your spirits will lift and you may feel on top of the world and have more energy than ever!
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.