Pregnancy week 14
How's the foetus in week 14
Your baby weighs about 43g and is about 8.7cm long from crown to rump. Your uterus is about the size of a large grapefruit.
• Your baby's neck has developed and she starts to inhale and exhale.
• The amniotic fluid regenerates itself every three hours.
• Your baby’s chin no longer rests on her chest and her hands become functional.
• This week, her parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth).
What's with my body: More sex?
• Your energy levels will increase, but you also need to rest as you baby is growing faster than ever.
• Your sex drive may increase as you feel more energised and less nauseous.
• You might experience nausea if you don’t eat regularly and rest enough.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.