Pregnancy week 14
Pic: Sparx Media
Article originally in Parent24
How's the foetus in week 14
Your baby weighs about 43g and is about 8.7cm long from crown to rump. Your uterus is about the size of a large grapefruit.
• Your baby's neck has developed and she starts to inhale and exhale.
• The amniotic fluid regenerates itself every three hours.
• Your baby’s chin no longer rests on her chest and her hands become functional.
• This week, her parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth).
What's with my body: More sex?
• Your energy levels will increase, but you also need to rest as you baby is growing faster than ever.
• Your sex drive may increase as you feel more energised and less nauseous.
• You might experience nausea if you don’t eat regularly and rest enough.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.