Pregnancy week 18
How's the foetus during week 18?Baby's sex organs forming
Your baby weighs about 190g and is about 14.2cm from crown to rump- the size of a bell pepper.
• Pads are forming on the foetus' fingers and toes.
• Your baby’s arms and legs are growing and her body length is catching up to head size.
• Blood cells are starting to form in the bone marrow
• If you're having a girl, her vagina, uterus, and fallopian tubes are already in place.
• If it's a boy, his genitals are recognisable.
• In boys, the prostate gland is developing.
• Your baby's bones are still soft but are beginning to harden. What's with my body: Watch out for varicose veins
• Your uterus is just below your bellybutton.
• Your gums become more spongy due to increased pregnancy hormones.
• Avoid and treat varicose veins, exercise regularly and avoid standing still for too long. Elevate your legs, don't cross your legs while sitting and wear support stockings.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates