Pregnancy week 20
How's the foetus during week 20?
Baby is swallowing
Your baby is about the size of a long banana, weighs about 300g and is around 25.6cm long: from now on it’s not a crown to rump measurement, but crown to heel.
• The baby's swallowing more this week which is good practice for the digestive system. His body absorbs the water in the fluid and moves the rest into the colon.
• In girls, the uterus is formed now and her vagina is developing. What's with my body: The belly button pop
• Brace yourself for lots of unwanted advice now that you are clearly pregnant.
• Your pubic hair could look darker, but will go back to its usual colour once the baby is born.
• A black line of hair (linea nigra) may appear on your belly, but will disappear soon after birth.
• Your belly button may pop out as your uterus presses up and outward.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates