Pregnancy week 22
Pic: Sparx Media
Article originally in Parent24
How's the foetus during week 22?
Baby's brain is growing
Your baby weighs about 430g and is about 27.8cm long from crown to heel- the size of a spaghetti squash.
• The brain is growing rapidly.
• His eyelids and eyebrows have formed and he’s getting a bit of fat on those bones.
• In boys, the testes are starting to descend from the pelvis to the scrotum.
What's with my body: Stable hormones, weight gain
• You may feel more emotionally stable and in control, thanks to hormones that soothe you from now through to the birth.
• Some women enjoy sex more because of the increase in blood flow to the clitoris and increased vaginal lubrication.
• You’re probably gaining weight more steadily now.
• During the second trimester you will feel better than in the other trimesters. This could be a great time to go away with your partner and any other children on a carefree holiday.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.