Pregnancy week 24
How's the foetus during week 24?Baby gains weight
Your baby weighs about 600g - and is about 30cm long from crown to heel- the length of a mealie.
• Your baby is gaining weight mainly from muscle, bone mass and the growing organs and tissues.
• Rapid eye movement has begun. What's with my body: Braxton Hicks contractions
• You may start to experience Braxton Hicks contractions (contraction of the uterus), especially if this is not your first pregnancy. They are different from real labour in that they are not painful, rhythmic and regular.
• Be on the look-out for the signs of premature labour.
• If you experience more than four contractions during an hour, if they change in intensity and/or they are accompanied by vaginal secretions, see your doctor.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates