Pregnancy week 27
How's the foetus during week 27?
Your baby is about 36.6cm from crown to heel and weighs about 875g- the size of a head of cauliflower.
• Your baby’s heartbeat may be heard when someone puts their ear to your abdomen.
• The lungs and brain continue to grow rapidly.
• Eyelids begin to open and the retinas begin to form.
• You will start to notice that your baby has regular patterns of sleep and activity.
What's with my body: You may feel shortness of breath
• Your uterus has moved under your rib cage making it difficult for your lungs to expand leaving you feeling short of breath.
• Start doing pelvic floor exercises by tilting your pelvic and tightening and relaxing the muscles you use to control your pee.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.