Pregnancy week 28
How's the foetus during week 28?
Thumb-sucking may start
Your baby is about 37.6cm in length and weighs about 1 kg – as much as a bag of sugar.
• This week is a time of extensive brain maturation, system rehearsal and transformation into a fully developed baby.
• The eyes are formed – complete with eyelids and eyebrows.
• Hair grows and muscle tone improves.
• Posture straightens so that the internal organs can shift to their proper positions.
• Baby may start to suck his thumb. What's with my body: Heartburn, cramps and haemorrhoids
• For you, it may be a period of heartburn, leg cramps, haemorrhoids, itchy skins and indigestion. Don’t despair – exciting times are ahead.
• You may find that you pee a little when you sneeze. This is very common during pregnancy. Keep doing your pelvic floor exercises to keep those muscles strong.
• You may drop things and trip easily. This is normal because of loosening of the joints and water retention.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates