Pregnancy week 33
How's the foetus during week 33?
As big as a sweet melon
Your baby is about 43.7cm in length from crown to heel and weighs about 1,9kg.
• Your baby’s skin colour has become paler due to increased fat accumulation.
• Her head has grown in proportion to rapid brain growth.
• Fat continues to be deposited under the skin. This will help your baby to regulate his or her body temperature after birth. What's with my body: Puffy, swollen and suffering with heartburn, possibly
• You may be suffering from heartburn again because of the uterus pressing up against your insides.
• Your feet and ankles may be swollen due to water retention (oedema).
• If you suddenly feel swollen or puffy in your hands or face, experience severe headaches, abdominal pain and nausea or vomiting, call your doctor immediately. You may be suffering from pre-eclampsia.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates