Pregnancy week 36
How's the foetus during week 36?
Picking up fat
Your baby is about 47.4cm in length and weighs 2,6kg- as long as a head of Swiss chard.
• Your baby has expanded to a thousand times her original size.
• Fat is dimpling on the elbows and knees and creases have formed in her neck and wrists.
• Her kidneys are fully developed and her liver can process some waste products.
What's with my body: Time to slow down a liittle
• You will probably have to run to the loo more often because of increased pressure on your bladder.
• You may notice a strange feeling in your vagina when the baby's head moves against the pelvic floor.
• It is time to slow down. Very few babies arrive on their due date, anything from 38-42 weeks is considered normal, with about 80% arriving within ten days of their due date.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.