Pregnancy week 38
Pic: Sparx Media
Article originally in Parent24
How's the foetus during week 38?
Getting ready to poo
Your baby is about 49 - 50cm in length and weighs about 3kg.
• Your baby's first bowel movement (meconium) has formed in her intestines.
• Her position will probably remain the same until the birth.
• All organs - except the lungs - are fully functional.
• The baby is covered in vernix, a fatty substance covering the skin.
What's with my body: False labour? Know the signs
• You may show signs of false labour - irregular contractions which may be felt in various parts of your body (back, lower abdomen, pelvis).
• To make things easier for you after the birth, fill your freezer with pre-cooked meals.
• If your baby is lying in a breech position, discuss the implications with your doctor, as you will probably need to have a Caesarean.
Go back to the complete list of Pregnancy week-by-week updates.